Welcome to My Blog!

DEDICATED TO MY SOMEWHAT NON-LINEAR EXPLORATION OF ART QUILTING.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Some New Books

To support my art habit I manage an independent book store. Books were my first passion, before I started quilting, and the marriage of quilting and books is a match made in heaven for me - not to mention overflowing bookshelves! I've received three new books recently that look really good that I'd like to share.

The first is "Innovative Fabric Imagery for Quilts by Cyndy Lyle Rymer with Lynn Koolish. This looks like it has a lot of outstanding and creative information for incorporating digital imagery into textiles. It's available for purchase November 13th.

The second book is "Living the Creative Life: Ideas and Inspiration From Working Artists" by Rice Freeman-Zachery. This is a beautiful book just to look at. Many of the artists included are textile or mixed media artists.


The third title is "The Painted Quilt: Paint and Print Techniques for Color on Quilts" by Linda and Laura Kemshall. It has beautiful photographs in it and seems to cover quite a good variety of techniques.


If you want to get these, or any other books, I encourage you all to check with your local independent bookstore. That is, if you still have one in your area. So many have gone out of business in recent years. Those of us left work hard to keep going and really appreciate the support of our loyal customers!

No comments: