Welcome to My Blog!

DEDICATED TO MY SOMEWHAT NON-LINEAR EXPLORATION OF ART QUILTING.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Orange You Glad It's Plaid?


"Orange You Glad It's Plaid?"


Well, I thought about what everyone said, dove in feet first, did what seemed right and, voila! It was with some trepidation I turned it in for judging. Well, not only did the piece get juried in, it was also one of the ones that received top juror mention! Wow, the lesson here is to definitely trust myself and my process - and to listen to good advice :).



Detail

So, if you are going to PIQF in October, look for the AQuA special exhibit "Singular Sensations" and say "hi" to my piece for me. Thanks, everyone.

4 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

You did a great job reinventing this piece. There is a lesson here for all of us.

Nancy said...

Your piece turned out great, Carole! Congratulations! I'm heading to GJ for a quick trip. Can't wait to enjoy some nice, hot weather! Wish I could have been there for the AQuA meeting Saturday.

Patty Ashworth said...

Have you seen MaryLou Weidman's books? She did "Plaid to Meet You". Love her things with the double meanings in the titles!

Carole said...

I haven't seen MaryLou Weidman's book, but it sounds fun. I'll have to look at it.