Welcome to My Blog!

DEDICATED TO MY SOMEWHAT NON-LINEAR EXPLORATION OF ART QUILTING.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Desert Sun and Shadow



I recently had a piece accepted to "Canyon Voices", a show my art quilt group AQuA will be putting on at the gallery in Mesa Verde in August. Above is a picture of "Desert Sun and Shadow". The focal point of the piece is a photgraph I took in southern Utah. The photo is printed on cotton fabric at approximately 13 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches in size with an inkjet printer. Additional pieces were also solicited, and I sent in "Windows and Doors: Inside".


Some of you have asked about this kind of photo printing. I make my own printer sheets with pfd cotton poplin and C. Jenkins freezer paper sheets. This is the link to their web site http://www.cjenkinscompany.com/ Their paper is pre cut, heavier than regular freezer paper and doesn't curl. They have a good variety of sizes and also carry pre-treated fabric for printing.

No comments: